Monday, December 17, 2012

Aloo Capsicum Chatkara

I have had enough of curry and subzi with chapattis. Sometimes I really feel sick of all those Indian masalas, (especially Garam masala) and cooking something different to make my dinner at least satisfactory to my appetite becomes the biggest challenge of life.
So I sweared tonight no ginger garlic saute, no onions, no tomatoes.
Chatpata something with chapatties would do. But a No wet No mess something something!!

Then I picked up these- Potatoes!! Accompanied with..hmmmm..alright lets try Capsicums and one two three four..........********* tadaa..I'm done.

Therefore my fourth sense i.e taste- made me chose my flavour and ingredients one by one

My brains convinced me. Take it easy babe..Lets get on the floor
And Voila!!!! It was a superhit





INGREDIENTS I USED

Potatoes(boiled) - 4 medium sized
Capsicums - 4 medium sized
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp.
Soya sauce - 1 Tbsp.
Chaat masala - 3 tsp.
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
Chilly Powder - 2 tsp.(adjust as per your taste)
Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp.
Water - 1 Tbsp.
Salt as per your taste

PROCEDURE

1. Cut the potatoes into 1" triangles (first divide them into four, vertically and then cut those vertical slices)



2. Dice the capsicums into half inch squares or thin slices (I did thin slices, but squares also turned good last time)


3. In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds

4. After they stop crackling add the diced capsicums and fry them for 3 minutes.
(Don't overfry)

5. Add potatoes and give a light toss to mix well



6. Mix ginger garlic paste in water and add them

7. Add salt and 1 tsp. chaat masala and mix them (vigorous tossing would break the potato cubes. I'm sure you don't want it)

8. Now add chilly powder and 1 tsp. chaat masala and mix again

9. Lastly add Soy sauce and 1 tsp chaat masala again and mix well



10. Let them cook for 1 minute (you can wait for the liquid to dry off)

Your Aloo Capsicum Chatkara is ready

No comments:

Post a Comment